This Twix Caramel Popcorn is a Gourmet Orchards original! This popcorn is the perfect accompaniment to a cozy weekend movie night. For those perfect autumn nights, we like to pair with apple cider, blankets, a new DVD and family.
We use fresh caramel and our caramel popcorn to enhance the smooth caramel flavor. The crushed chocolate and crumbled graham crackers add nice texture and crunch to this sweet snack. If you choose to share, be warned, everyone will be asking for the recipe!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 Cup of Karo Syrup
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Large bar of Cadbury’ Milk Chocolate
- 1.5 Cups Crumbled Graham Crackers
- 2 bags Caramel Popcorn
1. To make the caramel, place butter, Karo Syrup and brown sugar in a pan and heat. Continue to stir all the ingredients together until they have melted and started to boil. If you don’t continue to stir the caramel will burn, so this step is crucial.
2. Mix popcorn and caramel in a large mixing bowl while caramel is still warm.
3. Place chocolate bar in a Ziploc bag and crush into fine pieces.
4. Sprinkle crushed chocolate and graham crackers on popcorn. Enjoy your delicious treat!
Here in the Gourmet Orchards’ Kitchen we’re always looking for new ideas around amazing food. If you’ve got a recipe you’d like us to work on, contact us, fill us in and you may see your recipe on the gourmet blog.