As summer starts to wind down, and the novelty of outdoor barbecues begin to wear off, we here at Gourmet Orchards start to look for ways to liven up our plates and put our creative juices to work. With that in mind, and taking into account that we are a fruit company, we aimed to create a salad recipe that would curb our craving for a fresh salad, and appeal to our desire to shake things up.
Preparation time: 15 – 20 minutes
- 2 Heads – of Romaine (Lettuce), Chopped
- 1/2 cup – Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 3/4 cup – Crumbled Blue Cheese
- 1 – Mango, Peeled and Sliced
- 2 – Regal Red Grapefruit, Sectioned
- 2 – Grande Navel Oranges, Sectioned
- 2 -Large Avocados – Peeled, Pitted and Diced
- 1/2 cup – Gourmet Orchards Roasted Salted Pistachios, Coarsely Chopped
- Toss romaine lettuce with balsamic vinaigrette and blue cheese crumbles in large salad bowl
- Add mango, grapefruit, orange, and avocado over lettuce
- Sprinkle chopped pistachios and serve
Here in the Gourmet Orchards’ Kitchen we’re always looking for new ideas around amazing food. If you’ve got a recipe you’d like us to work on, contact us, fill us in and you may see your recipe on the gourmet blog.